Sunday 2 June 2013

Coconut Lime Ice Cream

I wanted to call this lime sherbet, but it's not extremely sour, it's not lime green (ironic, I know), and it's creamier than most sherbets. This is why I decided to call it ice cream. This is just another one of coconut milk's incredible advantages; it doesn't curdle!

Since it's getting warmer and I haven't used my ice cream maker nearly as much as I've wanted to, I'm planning on trying out a lot of different ice cream flavours this summer. I'll try to post an ice cream recipe every 1-2 weeks.

Coconut Lime Ice Cream

3 cups full-fat coconut milk
2 egg yolks
zest and juice of 3 limes
1/2 avocado
pinch of salt
1/3 cup maple syrup (or more, this doesn't make a super-sweet ice cream)

1. Throw everything in a blender.
2. Blend.
3. Follow the instructions for your ice cream maker to freeze the ice cream.
4. Put the ice cream into the freezer for a few hours to harden it up.
5. Devour your healthy, delicious ice cream!

No comments:

Post a Comment