Turkey Vegetable Soup
1 meaty turkey carcass, made into stock, meat reserved and chopped (include 1 bay leaf and a large chunk of ginger in the stock, remove the meat as soon as it's cooked then add the bones back to the pot to keep simmering)
2 stalks of celery, sliced
2 medium onions, chopped
3 carrots, chopped
2 bell peppers, chopped (yellow, orange ore red is best, and a combination looks really pretty)
4 cloves garlic, minced
2 bunches of kale, thinly sliced
1 tsp each of thyme, sage, basil, oregano (dried, or triple quantities if fresh)
2 tsp dried rosemary (or 2 Tbsp fresh)
optional: 1 tsp cumin, 1 tsp turmeric (for a slight curry flavour)
salt and pepper, to taste
2 Tbsp oil
1. Heat the oil in a large soup pot.
2. Add the onion and saute over medium heat until lightly browned.
3. Add the celery and carrots and saute for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
4. Add the bell pepper, cook for another 2-3 minutes.
5. Add the garlic and all other seasonings. Cook for 2-3 minutes.
6. Pour in the turkey stock and bring to a simmer. Simmer until the vegetables are just tender.